FAQs for Affordable Housing
What are the eligibility requirements for the Healthy Futures Fund (HFF)? Is my project eligible?
- Affordable housing projects utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits to finance the development are eligible.
- Projects must be co-located with a Federally Qualified Health Center or other community health center.
- The health care partner must enter into a minimum of a 5-year lease to provide services at the property.
- The partners will agree to report on metrics to inform the benefits of the health care and housing linkage.
What are the benefits of the HFF investment for affordable housing projects?
- Competitive tax credit pricing;
- Option for streamlined companion financing from Morgan Stanley and LISC;
- Access to resources to enhance health care services to residents;
- Potential access to grant funding to implement services that promote and improve community health.
Are there any geographic restrictions to where the project is located?
- The Healthy Futures Fund can invest in any eligible projects within the United States, with prioritization for family and supportive housing projects, projects in LISC target markets, and projects with Federally Qualified Health Centers as health care partners. Go to the HRSA website to find a health center near you.
Can my renovation project qualify or is new construction required?
- HFF can finance renovation or new construction affordable housing LIHTC projects.
Who can I contact for more information?